Everyday morning fire drills?
Does every Monday through Friday morning seem like a fire drill at your house or just mine?! When every morning is full of craziness, this simple oatmeal overnight recipe will make one thing so much easier and help you get out the door in time.
Tame that “get out the door” madness with this easy oatmeal overnight recipe
I try to do what ever I can to save time and simplify that crucial hour of “can we get out the door on time” madness! I have tried recipes for overnight oatmeal options to simply the crazy morning routine but have not found one that we loved…until now.
This recipe that I tweaked, of course, is a winner and our latest favorite! I can easily put the ingredients together in less than 15 minutes then pop them in the refrigerator for some great oatmeal overnight. Then voila…in the morning we have a quick healthy out-the-door option!
- 1/3 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Organic Yogurt (you can use regular or Greek) if you use Greek you may want to add a little more milk
- 1/3 cup milk of your choice (I use homemade Almond Milk with a little vanilla in it)
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Collagen Powder (option I like it for a little extra protein & other benefits. Doesn’t effect the taste or texture)
- 1/2 Banana sliced
- Few walnuts (if you are a nut freak like me maybe some extra ) Get your walnuts here or Sun Organic Farms for lots of nut options
- Optional – drizzle of maple syrup or local raw honey if you like it a bit sweeter
- Put all ingredients in a pint size mason jar. This makes 1/2 pint but I like the bigger size so you can easily mix everything up. Plus if you want to add anything else you will have plenty of room.
- Mix well & Refrigerate over night! Voila! Wake up to breakfast already done!
- **max 2 days in fridge or it would probably be really gross
Please let me know what you think! If you change up anything or add your special something – I would love to hear your ideas and give them a try myself! Enjoy!