DRYING + NURTURING + SMOKY
Ancient records show that Myrrh was deemed so valuable that at times it was valued as its weight in gold. Myrrh essential oil is derived from the gummy resin of the small, thorny Myrrh tree and has been used for centuries for its internal and external health benefits. Referenced in the Bible as the Balm of Gilead, Myrrh has been used throughout history as a perfume, incense, and medicine. It was also employed in embalming and religious ceremonies. Myrrh has powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat. It is also soothing to the skin-promoting a smooth, youthful looking complexion- and promotes emotional balance and well-being.
- Powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat
- Soothing to the skin; promotes a smooth, youthful-looking complexion
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
- Add 1-2 drops to toothpaste for added cleansing benefits and to promote oral health.
- Diffuse to help promote awareness and uplift your mood.
- Add to your lotion/moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Add 1-2 drops to 1/4 cup of water with a little agave or honey to help stomach aches.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice
- Internal Use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid
- Topically Use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.